Monday, April 11, 2011

Strangest Thing All Week

They live in perpetual fear of the time they call "The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief."
--Douglas Adams

Sometimes people scare me.  In that sort of "I fear for the future of the human race," kind of way.  This is one of those times.
Having absolutely nothing to do with me, I was recently reading some stuff in the blogosphere and happened upon an account of a POS takedown in a Wormhole.  OK, nothing really newsworthy there, Pirates are always posting about their kills and laughing about the tears of the other guy.  The strange part here, is that you get to read about it from the other guy's perspective and it's just...odd.  

So, go read the pretty standard post introducing it all over at Xanral's blog, and then hold onto your tinfoil hat and check out Roshwi's blog that seems to have no actual content except a report of this incident.  It's sort of long, and not exactly Pulitzer writing, but viewed as a unique look inside the mind of the other side it's certainly interesting.  

I think anyone doing the One-Man-Corp thing in EVE has probably lost sight of the concept behind an MMO in general, but I think this guy's isolation in a WH may have left him slipping into some deep paranoia.  It's amazing the rather involved conspiracy theories he managed to cook up in such a short time regarding the guys from Ajo. 

That's all from me for today.  I sort of had trouble forming a coherent summary of my thoughts on this, it's just something you have to see for yourself to believe.  Insert promises of some actual content in my next post here.

Regarrrds,

FNG

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I think that part of what makes him sound crazy in his blog is that he is British...very strange sense of humor sometimes.

    ReplyDelete